Contact Info / Websites

Guess who's working with high voltage again!

2012-10-09 16:01:18 by Erty

It's me. Aww yeah.

/* */


You must be logged in to comment on this post.


2012-10-09 17:51:25

Wear rubber gloves you FUCK. Being reckless doesn't make you cool, it makes you unprofessional.

Erty responds:

I get shocked by these things about 100 times a day I work with them. Because of the drivers I'm using they don't output enough current to actually harm anyone, only enough to give a little more painful sensation than that of a static shock.

It's only if I connect a capacitor across the output that I should worry, because with high enough capacitance, those can give some serious jolts. The only time I would actually need protection is when powering up the MOT or replace the driver with a ZVS driver or similar.